NOK 1.799,00 kr
Made in the USA.
This is American craftsmanship. The latest in the Made in the USA series, the 990GL4 restores the great performance and iconic style of the 990’s 30-year-legacy. It’s the perfect combination of cushioning and stability, wrapped up in a look that will last forever.
- Manufactured in the US
- 12 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 12 mm drop are approximate
- Blown rubber outsole
- Dual density collar foam
- Encap PU ring with EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) core
- ENCAP® midsole technology provides support and maximum durability
- Pigskin/mesh upper
How it's made
This particular shoe is made in the USA.
New Balance is based in Boston, Massachusetts area. The company was founded in 1906 as the "New Balance Arch Support Company" and is today one of the world's major sports footwear manufacturers.
In 1906, William J. Riley, British emigrant, founded the New Balance Arch Support Company in the Boston area, manufacturing arch supports and other accessories designed to improve shoe fit. His first product, a flexible arch support, was designed with three support points to provide greater balance and comfort in the shoe. It is believed that Riley came up with the name "New Balance" by observing chickens in his yard and demonstrated the way his arch supports worked by keeping a chicken foot on his office desk. He explained to customers that the chicken's three-pronged foot resulted in perfect balance.
It was not until 1960 the company expanded on to produce shoes. The first commercial product was the "Trackster", the world's first running shoe made with a ripple sole. It was also the first running shoe to come in varying widths.
Today New Balance maintains a manufacturing presence in the United States, as well as in the United Kingdom for the European market.
Love & Care
Protect your investment
The suggested cleaning method for New Balance athletic shoes:
- Use a light bristle brush (an old toothbrush works well) and a mild detergent (either dishwashing or laundry)
- Be sure to use a detergent free of dye to avoid staining
- We recommend a spot check with the detergent to ensure no staining will occur
- Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Allow the shoes to thoroughly air dry for 24 hours
- To eliminate and prevent shoe odor, use a shoe deodorizer spray
Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended, as some shoe materials should not be exposed to heat or submerged in water
Please see 'description' tab for size chart.
Note the below tips to make sure you get the right size:
- Your heel should fit snug with no slipping. The midfoot of the shoe under your arch and over the top of your foot should be snug but not tight. You should have enough room in the toe box to wiggle your toes. New Balance shoes are made to fit directly out of the box. They do not need to be broken in.
- People are more than twice as likely to buy a shoe that is too small than too big. Clues that your shoes are too small or narrow include - foot cramping or "falling asleep" while running or just after running or the formation of blisters and calluses between or on your toes.
- If your feet seem "between" sizes and you cannot decide which size to select, we suggest you choose the larger size. You can make adjustments for a better fit with socks, insoles, or a different lacing pattern.