French Army Trainer 1440CSL Black/White
Made in Slovakia.
The 1440CSL is, believe it or not, a true reproduction of the trainers used by the French military during the 90's! But done in a fresh Japanese colourway.
Made with premium suede, leather and durable Cordura Nylon, enforced with a protective rubberised suede heel cup. Made in the same factory in Slovakia that made the original French Army trainer, which happens to be the same factory that makes our favourite ZDAs.
How it's made
Reproduction of Found is a sister label of ZDA, run by the same Japanese company Eye Found, first launched in 2016.
The designer at Eye Found is deeply into vintage military trainers, many of which have become nearly impossible to find on the vintage market. Reproduction of Found makes both iconic and obscure military shoes available, by making exacting reproductions down to the smallest detail, as well as updating them in fun and exciting colourways.
As far as possible these reproductions are made at the same factories as the originals, if they are still in operation. This happens to be the case for the French Army Trainers, which were originally made by the same factory that made the original ZDA trainers in Partizanske, Slovakia. Each item is made by hand in a careful manner.
Love & Care
Protect your investment
The suggested cleaning method for trainers:
- Use a light bristle brush (an old toothbrush works well) and a mild detergent (either dishwashing or laundry)
- Be sure to use a detergent free of dye to avoid staining
- We recommend a spot check with the detergent to ensure no staining will occur
- Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Allow the shoes to thoroughly air dry for 24 hours
- To eliminate and prevent shoe odour, use a shoe deodoriser spray. We recommend The Steamery's Clothing and Shoe Mist.
- Add extra protection to preserve your footwear. Saphir's Super Invulner spray waterproofs the most delicate leathers, as well as cotton and synthetics, and offers superior protection against water, snow, stains and grease.
Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended, as some shoe materials should not be exposed to heat or submerged in water, and it typically dries out leather shortening the lifespan of your shoes.
The French Army Trainer fits true to size on most customers. Being only available in whole sizes, many customers size down if they are in between sizes.
Your heel should fit snug with no slipping. The midfoot of the shoe under your arch and over the top of your foot should be snug but not tight. You should have enough room in the toe box to wiggle your toes.