Hestra The Ôrnberg glove
NOK 799,00 kr
Made in USA
The Ôrnberg glove is a rugged and warm glove made of Scandinavian elk leather. It's lined with boa fleece and is quite elastic which helpt the glove to stay in place and protect your hands from cold air. The glove is constructed with pre-curved fingers for a better fit.
Elk Leather from Sweden and Finland is a durable leather with good isolation. The leather also has a beautiful grain texture.
How it's made
An International Family Business founded in 1936 in Sweden.
Design and development of Hestra gloves is made at the headquarters in the town of Hestra, Sweden. To ensure control of the entire production chain and the high level quality of their product, Hestra gloves are manufactured in their own factories where as they also source and buy all their leather, fabrics, wool and other materials. In 2015, Hestra produced about 2 million pairs of gloves. The company has about 45 employees at their headquarters in Sweden and sell to over 30 countries world wide.
Hestra's owners and managers are the brothers Claes and Svante Magnusson. They're two sons each - the fourth generation of Magnussons - who works in the company as well.
Love & Care
Hestra gloves are made to last. With some love and care they'll last even long. Good for you, good for the environment.
1) Grease the leather regularly and it will resist moisture as well as wear and tear better. Moisten the leather a little first. Use a polishing cloth and rub in the grease until the leather is saturated. Do this in the evening and the grease is absorbed during the night.
2) If you have gloves with breathable materials like GORE-TEX©, you should avoid silicone impregnation. It clogs the pores and reduces the material’s breathability.
3) With the carabiner clasp that comes with some models, you can easily attach the gloves to a backpack. In that way, you don’t risk losing them, and they can dry without losing shape.
4) Dyed leather may stain clothing when wet, so don’t place a wet glove on other garments. Choose a model with a natural leather color if you do not want to risk bleeding.
5) Gloves rarely get damaged while skiing. Instead, the edges of skis and boot buckles are normally the cause of damage to your gloves. Be careful when handling your skis or boots!
The size of Hestra's gloves are measured in british inches. To find your size you need to measure the circumference around your palm at its widest point.
15.9 - 17.1 cm : Glove size 6 1/2
17.2 - 18.4 cm : Glove size 7
18.5 - 19.7 cm : Glove size 7 1/2
19.8 - 21.0 cm : Glove size 8
21.1 - 22.2 cm : Glove size 8 1/2
22.3 - 23.5 cm : Glove size 9
23.6 - 24.8 cm : Glove size 9 1/2
24.9 - 26.0 cm : Glove size 10
26.1 - 27.3 cm : Glove size 10 1/2
27.4 - 29.2 cm : Glove size 11
29.3 - 31.8 cm : Glove size 12
31.9 - : Glove size 13