NOK 950,00 kr
Made in England.
The New Balance 991 BLE made in a rich royal blue with soft details of silver on the logo and heel tab, sure to brighten every outfit.
The 991 was first launched in 2001, and was the first model expanding the iconic 990 models to the 99X series. The 991 combines the supple pigskin suede and mesh upper with an ultra comfortable Abzorb-cushioned ENCAP midsole, and NDurance rubber outsole for maximum durability.
US Men's sizes.
How it's made
This particular shoe is made in the UK.
New Balance is based in the Boston, Massachusetts area. The company was founded in 1906 as the "New Balance Arch Support Company" and is today one of the world's major sports footwear manufacturers.
In 1906, William J. Riley, British emigrant, founded the New Balance Arch Support Company in the Boston area, manufacturing arch supports and other accessories designed to improve shoe fit. His first product, a flexible arch support, was designed with three support points to provide greater balance and comfort in the shoe. It is believed that Riley came up with the name "New Balance" by observing chickens in his yard and demonstrated the way his arch supports worked by keeping a chicken foot on his office desk. He explained to customers that the chicken's three-pronged foot resulted in perfect balance.
It was not until 1960 the company expanded to produce shoes. The first commercial product was the "Trackster", the world's first running shoe made with a ripple sole. It was also the first running shoe to come in varying widths.
Today New Balance maintains a manufacturing presence in the United States, as well as in the United Kingdom for the European market. We solely carry shoes from the New Balance MADE collection, made at these factories.
Love & Care
Protect your investment
The suggested cleaning method for sneakers:
- Use a light bristle brush (an old toothbrush works well) and a mild detergent (either dishwashing or laundry)
- Be sure to use a detergent free of dye to avoid staining
- We recommend a spot check with the detergent to ensure no staining will occur
- Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Allow the shoes to thoroughly air dry for 24 hours
- To eliminate and prevent shoe odour, use a shoe deodoriser spray. We recommend The Steamery's Clothing and Shoe Mist.
- Add extra protection to preserve your footwear. Saphir's Super Invulner spray waterproofs the most delicate leathers, and offers superior protection against water, snow, stains and grease.
Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended, as some shoe materials should not be exposed to heat or submerged in water, and it typically dries out leather shortening the lifespan of your shoes.
Note that different shoemakers translate US and UK sizes differently when converting to EU sizes, because of the inherent mismatch between the EU sizing system and the US/UK sizing systems. If you are accustomed to other sneaker brands than New Balance, we recommend checking your US size in your preferred sneaker brand, as the US size will mostly stay the same between brands.
New Balance shoes are in US sizes.
Note the following tips to make sure you get the right size:
- Your heel should fit snug with no slipping. The midfoot of the shoe under your arch and over the top of your foot should be snug but not tight. You should have enough room in the toe box to wiggle your toes. New Balance shoes are made to fit directly out of the box. They do not need to be broken in.
- People are more than twice as likely to buy a shoe that is too small than too big. Clues that your shoes are too small or narrow include - foot cramping or "falling asleep" while running or just after running or the formation of blisters and calluses between or on your toes.
- If your feet seem "between" sizes and you cannot decide which size to select, we suggest you choose the larger size. You can make adjustments for a better fit with socks, insoles, or a different lacing pattern.