Marathon 2200FSL Beige/White
NOK 2.299,00 kr
Made in Slovakia.
This ZDA Marathon is a true reproduction of an 80's running trainer made in Slovakia in the 1980's. These shoes are finally back in production with the original soles and using the original machinery from way back, updated in a fresh Japanese colourway.
Made using premium leather, suede and mesh, with EVA midsoles and a large grippy trail sole, the ZDA Marathon brings both comfort and vintage good looks.
How it's made
From the 1950s to the 1980s, ZDA was originally a shoe brand based in a small town named Partizanske, Slovakia, then Czechoslovakia. In the late 80s they discontinued their own brand ZDA, but the factory still carried on producing trainers for other brands and military use.
In 2016 the founder of the Japanese classic sport shoes group, Eye Found, relaunched the brand, after a factory visit in Partizanske. There he saw that they still had the original soles and lasts for the vintage trainers they used to make.
Made in the same factory with the original soles, lasts and machines as the originals, ZDA shoes are again made in Slovakia. True to the originals, but updated with fresh Japanese colourways. Each item is made by hand in a careful manner.
Love & Care
Protect your investment
The suggested cleaning method for trainers:
- Use a light bristle brush (an old toothbrush works well) and a mild detergent (either dishwashing or laundry)
- Be sure to use a detergent free of dye to avoid staining
- We recommend a spot check with the detergent to ensure no staining will occur
- Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Allow the shoes to thoroughly air dry for 24 hours
- To eliminate and prevent shoe odour, use a shoe deodoriser spray. We recommend The Steamery's Clothing and Shoe Mist.
- Add extra protection to preserve your footwear. Saphir's Super Invulner spray waterproofs the most delicate leathers, as well as cotton and synthetics, and offers superior protection against water, snow, stains and grease.
Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended, as some shoe materials should not be exposed to heat or submerged in water, and it typically dries out leather shortening the lifespan of your shoes.
ZDAs fit true to size on most customers. Being only available in whole sizes, many customers size down if they are in between sizes.
Your heel should fit snug with no slipping. The midfoot of the shoe under your arch and over the top of your foot should be snug but not tight. You should have enough room in the toe box to wiggle your toes.