NOK 1.999,00 kr
In the last year and a half hardly any type of shoe has been as ubiquitous as this one: the Dad Shoe has had a steep ascent and has become an indispensable part of sneakers and streetwear. A shoe can rightly claim to be »the original dad shoe« - the New Balance 990. Hardly any other shoe currently manages to be worn so versatilely. New Balance is launching the V5 of the classic 990 on the market and is of course aware of its reputation. Claims such as »Worn by Supermodels in London, and dads in Ohio« or »Worn on fashion runways, and morning runs« are advertised to show the shoe's versatility.
The 990 v5 clearly has the 990 look, but a few updates have been made. The midsole has been simplified to look more modern. In addition, there is a new TPU strap on the side of the shoe and the ultra-soft Ortholite insole in the shoe. Tongue and heel bear the v5 logo. Clearly, the v5 continues the tradition of the 990s and shows that you can keep the myth of a classic alive by updating only nuances!
Here comes the New Balance W990GL5 - Made in USA in a grey colorway.
How it's made
This particular shoe is made in the US.
New Balance is based in Boston, Massachusetts area. The company was founded in 1906 as the "New Balance Arch Support Company" and is today one of the world's major sports footwear manufacturers.
In 1906, William J. Riley, British emigrant, founded the New Balance Arch Support Company in the Boston area, manufacturing arch supports and other accessories designed to improve shoe fit. His first product, a flexible arch support, was designed with three support points to provide greater balance and comfort in the shoe. It is believed that Riley came up with the name "New Balance" by observing chickens in his yard and demonstrated the way his arch supports worked by keeping a chicken foot on his office desk. He explained to customers that the chicken's three-pronged foot resulted in perfect balance.
It was not until 1960 the company expanded on to produce shoes. The first commercial product was the "Trackster", the world's first running shoe made with a ripple sole. It was also the first running shoe to come in varying widths.
Today New Balance maintains a manufacturing presence in the United States, as well as in the United Kingdom for the European market.
Love & Care
Protect your investment
The suggested cleaning method for New Balance athletic shoes:
- Use a light bristle brush (an old toothbrush works well) and a mild detergent (either dishwashing or laundry)
- Be sure to use a detergent free of dye to avoid staining
- We recommend a spot check with the detergent to ensure no staining will occur
- Scrub the shoes with the brush and use a damp cloth to wipe clean
- Allow the shoes to thoroughly air dry for 24 hours
- To eliminate and prevent shoe odor, use a shoe deodorizer spray
Putting shoes through a washing machine cycle is NOT recommended, as some shoe materials should not be exposed to heat or submerged in water
Please see 'description' tab for size chart.
Note the below tips to make sure you get the right size:
- Your heel should fit snug with no slipping. The midfoot of the shoe under your arch and over the top of your foot should be snug but not tight. You should have enough room in the toe box to wiggle your toes. New Balance shoes are made to fit directly out of the box. They do not need to be broken in.
- People are more than twice as likely to buy a shoe that is too small than too big. Clues that your shoes are too small or narrow include - foot cramping or "falling asleep" while running or just after running or the formation of blisters and calluses between or on your toes.
- If your feet seem "between" sizes and you cannot decide which size to select, we suggest you choose the larger size. You can make adjustments for a better fit with socks, insoles, or a different lacing pattern.