Crème 1925 Dark Brown
Made in France
A nutritious leather cream, Crème 1925 is formulated with seven different waxes, turpentine spirit and shea butter oil. The leather absorbs the nutrients from the cream and the waxes protect and add shine.
The high concentration of pigments in Crème 1925 produces a rich colour tint. The pigments work to rejuvenate the leather while also providing transparency to the original patina.
Crème 1925 is suitable for use on smooth leather shoes.
How to choose the right shade of brown
When selecting a colour cream to match your leather, it may not be possible to find a perfect match. The colour pigments in Crème 1925 enhance the existing colour by providing a transparent colour tint. Opting for a lighter colour minimises darkening of the leather and enables the existing colour to dominate. Darker tints can create a more nuanced patina, and hide blemishes better. Mixing two shades of Brown is also an option if your shoe is somewhere in between.
Remember that since shoe cream is somewhat transparent, the colour of the shoe cream will look darker in the jar, than when applied to the shoe.
- Ensure all dirt and dust is removed from the shoes. Buff shoes with a brush. For a more in-depth clean, use a good leather cleaner.
- Apply Crème 1925 sparingly using a cotton cloth or the Saphir Médaille d’Or Spreading Brush.
- Massage into the leather in a circular motion, enabling the cream to penetrate and nourish the leather. This will ensure a good layer of protection. Leave it to dry for one hour.
- Polish leather with a bristle brush then finish with a shoe cloth.
- Once a base coat of Crème 1925 has been applied, simply re-buff the shoe following wear to maintain the shine.
How it's made
Saphir began in a laboratory in 1920 where key ingredients were assembled in a unique formulation, in Faverges, Haute-Savoie, France. Created in collaboration with the best leathercraft makers, the formulation, vastly ahead of its time, was met with astounding success due to its unique ability to beautify and preserve the finest leather skin.
In 1925 Saphir was awarded the gold medal at the World Fair in Paris. This assured the reputation of the company and has laid the foundation of the values that would come to define its fame: quality, tradition and innovation.
Saphir is now widely regarded as the best shoe care in the world, and has a wide selection of products to meet the needs of any type of leather shoe.